Canoe & Kayak Trips
Trip: 7-9 miles
- Canoe: $60
- Kayak: $40
- Tandems: $60
Canoe & Kayak Trips
Multi-Day Rentals (2 day minimum)
- Canoe: $50 per canoe each day
- Kayak: $33 per kayak per day
- Shenandoah: $25 per tube (this includes 2 trips, same day float by 5pm)
- Floating Coolers: $10 each
Offsite Rental Rates
- Offsite rentals are $10 off regular rental rates. The customer has a 24-hour period to use and return the equipment as rented. The customer must pick up and return during business hours unless otherwise prearranged.
Shenandoah River Adventures
- Two person limit, per canoe unless a small minor is involved.
- Combined weight in the canoe must not exceed 600 pounds.
- Minor must weigh at least 30 pounds.
- Rule of thumb for minors; are you comfortable with possibility that your child may be thrown into the middle of the river if your boat capsizes?
- Using a kayak can accommodate odd numbered parties.
- Kayaks tend to travel about ½ an hour faster than canoes in normal river conditions.
- We recommend all participants wear appropriate foot wear, but especially the tubers.
- You will lose flip-flops or other heelless foot wear.
- Floods and people have contributed to various sharp objects in the river.
- Refreshments are a must on a hot summer tubing trip.
- These coolers are perfect for your float and cost $10 each to rent.
- As with all our trips, we ask all participants to leave the river with the trash you bring to it.
- Trash bags will be supplied.
Hauling Your Canoe or Kayak
- Yes, we will haul your personal canoe or kayak for $25 each to or from the Elkton or Grovehill boat launches. A complimentary shuttle is provided for all our trips. These are for standard day trips only. A $10 charge applies for longer trips. These rates DO NOT apply to Appalachian Trail Hikers. We stop operations at the 211 bridge.
Tubing with Shenandoah River Adventures
All rentals include life vests, paddles and
a complimentary shuttle.
Visa, Master Card & Discover Accepted.
Click Here to Print Rates for Shenandoah River Adventures
Keep the River Clean and Green Discount Program
At Shenandoah River Adventures, we take the health of the river very serious. We decided to give people the opportunity to have fun, help the River and also cover our costs. We are a “mom and pop” operation.
For us to cover our costs:
- We have to make it a 3 canoe minimum.
- We charge $30.00 per canoe ($15 per person).
- That includes rental of all your gear, trash bags, and a shuttle to and from our 7 and 9 mile canoe trips or our 2 tubing trips.
- Our labor, will also dispose of the trash brought back with you.
- We can only offer this discount in the months of March, April, May, September, and October and only if we are not already booked for regular trips.
What we expect from you, is an honest effort.
- Weak attempts will be rejected and charged full rental rates.
- We are looking for 25-35 pounds of trash per boat or 1 awkward item or a couple of tires.
- Keep in mind we want you to be safe. Don’t put something in your boat that can harm you during your trip.
- We can’t fix an injury while you are on the river.
- Be SMART PLEASE!
We hope this effort can inspire people to teach their youths what a treasure the Shenandoah River truly is. We know it will create life long memories with your loved ones.