Appalachian Trail Aquablaze
Aquablazing is the terminology used when Appalachian Trail thru-hikers canoe or kayak a portion of the trail’s length. It’s most commonly done through the Shenandoah River, just to the west of the Shenandoah National Park, a very beautiful stretch of the trail in Virginia.
Shenandoah River Adventures enjoys catering to the Appalachian Trail Hiker. So, we would appreciate your feedback on this type of trip.
Shenandoah River Adventures will meet you at the Port Republic Public boat landing, a little north of Waynesboro, VA.
- You will Float North, with the flow of the river, to the Luray 211 Bridge public boat landing.
- We will shuttle your boats around the Shenandoah dam during business hours. You will have a short, boat portage, at Dam Acres.
- This trip is approximately 50 couple of miles and takes on average 3 days to complete.
- Call for camping options. (We can arrange for another outfitter to float you further north after the Luray 211 Bridge).
- We charge a minimum of $120 per boat for this trip. Multiday rental rates apply for more rental time.
- Please Note: We do not shuttle people before or after the boat rental. (unless pre-arranged for a fee).
Call 1-888-309-7222 and we will be happy to go over your trip details. Advance calls are best!!
Keep the River Clean and Green Discount Program
At Shenandoah River Adventures, we take the health of the river very serious. We decided to give people the opportunity to have fun, help the River and also cover our costs. We are a “mom and pop” operation. For us to cover our costs, we have to make it a 3 canoe minimum.
We charge $30.00 per canoe ($15 per person). That includes rental of all your gear, trash bags, and a shuttle to and from our 7 and 9 mile canoe trips or our 2 tubing trips. Our labor, will also dispose of the trash brought back with you. We can only offer this discount in the months of March, April, May, September, and October and only if we are not already booked for regular trips.
What we expect from you, is an honest effort. Weak attempts will be rejected and charged full rental rates. We are looking for 25-35 pounds of trash per boat or 1 awkward item or a couple of tires. Keep in mind we want you to be safe. Don’t put something in your boat that can harm you during your trip. We can’t fix an injury while you are on the river. Be SMART PLEASE!
We hope this effort can inspire people to teach their youths what a treasure the Shenandoah River truly is. We know it will create life long memories with your loved ones.